Support for Women Entrepreneurs in Denver
By Jessica Fialkovich | @jfialkovich
With all of the growth of entrepreneurship in Denver, groups supporting women in the space have grown as well. There are nonprofits, for-profits, networking groups, incubators, mentorship groups and everything in between. The good news is, if you feel like you need support or a tribe of other women entrepreneurs and business owners, Denver’s got you. The bad news is, it may take some digging to find the right one for you.
But I got you covered, and did some leg work to help you Broadview fans navigate the landscape.
If You Are Just Starting Out
- eWomen Network: A networking group whose purpose is to support, showcase and promote members’ products and services. Local chapter with global reach, membership based, monthly luncheons.
- MiCasa Women’s Business Center: The Mi Casa Women’s Business Center offers entrepreneurial training, individual business counseling, technology training and networking opportunities to help aspiring entrepreneurs and emerging businesses achieve their goals.
- Women’s Business Development Center: Providing business services, financial support, and mentorship opportunities to women just launching a company. Based in Longmont.
- Women of Denver: A networking group helping women get paid for what they are worth. Ongoing events, membership based.
- Women Who Startup: Connecting women to a global community of entrepreneurs and innovators focused on rapid growth. Local events, online community, blogs and podcasts.
If You Are Looking for Funding
- MergeLane: MergeLane discovers, accelerates and invests in exceptional women and the companies they run. Ongoing events with Leadership Camps a few times per year.
- SheEO: SheEO allows women to donate $1,000 to a perpetual fund that is distributed to women-owned businesses seeking capital each year. Local networking events, online community.
If You Are Growing
- Emerging Women: Offers local Power Circles (peer groups) to support and empower women during the growth of their company.
- Entrepreneur’s Organization (Women of EO): EO provides education, peer support and top-notch events for business owners over $1 million annually in revenue. Membership based, ongoing events, must apply.
- Think Global Institute: Think Global brings a team of experts to your business to help accelerate growth. Fee based.
- Women on the Rise: The mission of Women on the Rise is to attract, support and grow women-owned businesses in Colorado. Ongoing events, free to attend.
- WPO: Facilitated peer groups for women presidents of multimillion dollar organizations. Membership based, must apply.
If You Want to Network with Corporate
- Alliance of Professional Women: Building business opportunities, networking, and community throughout Denver. Monthly luncheons on the second Thursday, membership based starting at $175 per year, can attend as a guest for fee.
- American Business Women’s Association: ABWA brings business women together from diverse occupations. Membership based, monthly luncheons on the third Thursday.
- Colorado Business Women: The mission for Colorado Business Women is to promote full participation, equity and economic self-sufficiency for Colorado's working women. Membership based with monthly luncheons on the 4th Wednesday.
- Colorado Women’s Chamber: Largest women’s chamber in Colorado, providing events and networking opportunities for members. Membership based, ongoing events.
- Ellevate: Provides networking opportunities and connection to a global community through connection, education and investing. Membership based with live events and jam sessions (free for guests).
- Women in Business, South Metro Chamber: Providing support for women in diverse industries through their three pillars: Energize, Engage, Elevate. Part of Chamber membership, ongoing events with annual conference.
- Women's Leadership Foundation: Dedicated to getting more Colorado women on corporate boards, the WLF's Board Bound program pairs participants with corporate mentors to make women board-ready.
If You Want Industry-Specific Help
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association: Providing education and networking for women in the legal industry. Membership based, ongoing events.
- CREW: Commercial Real Estate Women: Supporting women in the commercial real estate industry. Ongoing events, must apply.
- Girl Code It (Technology): Girl Develop It is a nonprofit organization that provides affordable programs for adult women interested in learning web and software development in a judgment-free environment. Ongoing educational events.
- National Association for Women in Construction: Enhancing and supporting opportunities for growth for women in the construction industry. Membership based, must apply.
- WoMAN: Women of M&A Network (Mergers & Acquisitions): Connecting, educating and providing community involvement for women in the M&A industry. Membership based, must apply.
- Women Grow (Cannabis): Connecting, growing and supporting women in the Cannabis industry.
- Women in Oil & Gas Association: Providing opportunities and mentorship for women in oil and gas. Ongoing events.
If You Need Space and Support
- The Coterie: Group of women co-working together for networking and connection opportunities, currently working out of SmartSpace in Stapleton.
- Women in Kind: Women in Kind focuses on women, their needs in business and in the business of life. Offering leased space (starting at $295), events, programming, and connection.
If You Just Want to Have Some Fun
- Bold Betties: Outdoor adventures for women who want to discover new activities. Ongoing events, fees vary.
- Denver Dames: Connecting high performing women with a laughter-filled environment. Bimonthly evening comedic events, membership available with online community.